Making the vivid- red lemon taste of Roselle Enzyme.
- 1 kg Roselle
- 3 pieces Brown candy sugar
- 300 ml of Honey
- 2 Lemons
1. Sterilized all the utilities (Glass bottle and lid, knife, chipping board).
2. Cut open the Roselle and remove the seed, peel the Roselle Calyxes, Wash and air dry it.
3. Peel the lemon skin and cut into thin slices and set aside.
4. Place the totally dried Roselle Calyxes into the glass bottle, cover with a layer of brown candy sugar.
5. Put the lemon slices on top of brown candy sugar. Stack all the ingredients in sequence. And repeat to put in the remaining Roselle calyxes, layer by layer to place brown candy sugar and lastly lemon slices again.
6. Pour in the honey on the top layer.
7. Close lid and let it ferment for about 1 month.
8. After 1 week, shake it and let the top portion of the ingredients in moist condition.
9. Lastly, After 1 month of fermentation period, filter the Roselle Enzyme juice and keep it in the clean and dry bottle. Store in cool place or store it in refrigerator.
This Roselle enzyme has bio-active substances and the fermented Roselle helps in tonify and detoxify body. It is good for cough, quenches thirst, eases indigestion, dyspepsia, reduces hypertension and regulates body system.